Fixit Week Summary
In the first week of February 2020 the frontend team had a “Fixit Week”. We focused on fixing all the little things that pile up and otherwise don’t get attention. We were able to fix around 36 issues. Big thanks to all contributers who joined us.
Hovercard for blame annotation
Change introduces a new hovercard with commit message when hovering over the blame annotation.
Improving layout of label scores
Change improves layout to the table so the buttons are not so far away from the label name. Also add a background-color on hover to highlight which label you are about to vote on.
Warn user in submit dialog about unresolved comments
Change introduces a new warning when submitting a change with unresolved comments. It doesn’t block submit, just gives the last notification about unresolved comments.
Honor date format from preferences when displaying dates
fixes some places where we didn’t honor the date format from the user’s preferences.
For example if user sets date format
3.Jun instead of default
Jun 3 dashboard
will be changed as in the screenshot below.
All Fixit Improvements
- Process links if leading whitespace are missed
- Show files with comments in diff-view file list
- Improve error dialog for 404 errors
- Add patchset navigator for findings tab
- Change button in gr-reply-dialog: Rename Save to Send
- Small redesign of diff expansion row
- Replace circled i from Unicode with proper icon
- Add title and shortcuts for some links and buttons
- Issue linkification should not work across two line breaks
- Add tracking (metrics) on keyboard shortcut usage
- Show X-Gerrit-Trace in error dialog if exists
- Link in Blame annotation to commit should go directly to commit
- Allow delete change message from the UI
- Add a proper message for no threads in findings tab
- Support ctrl+enter for move change dialog