Engineering Steering Committee Meeting, Mar 2, 2022
Christophe Poucet, Han-Wen Nienhuys, Luca Milanesio, Patrick Hiesel, Saša Živkov.
April 6, 2022
Review of the current Gerrit roadmap
As Gerrit v3.6 release plan has been announced, the roadmap can be adjusted to reflect what is likely to be included:
- Prolog-less submit requirements
- Push notifications (tentative)
- Bulk actions (tentative)
- Cleanup of Change-Ids inconsistencies
- Performance improvements for large changes
The following features are WIP but unlikely to be completed by v3.6:
- Streaming Java API for retrieving query results
- Workflow for reviewing/approving non-fast-forward pushes
Issue 15707: Adopt Supply Chain Security best practices from SLSA
More clarification on the issue would be required from Nasser. At high-level it does not seem like a Gerrit project issue. Gerrit can also be compiled from source directly if the trust on Maven artifacts is an issue.
It remains also an open question to identify which SLSA level do we want the Gerrit Code Review project to be.
Further ESC issues
Follow-up discussion about potential DoS problem; cannot currently be disclosed.